Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Confession Time



I have not been writing my query letters. I know. If you don't write a letter, you can NOT get published. There is zero chance (if you've decided on my route). If you do write the letter, you may get rejected (most likely will) but there's still that chance.

I have a ton of great excuses, though. Want to hear them?
  • I just gave my book to another friend and am waiting on feedback from her.
  • Work has been insane the past two/three weeks. (It really has).
  • I'm editing another book and don't want to stop to write query letters. My writing time is limited, you know?
  • I'm trying to learn Spanish. (I'm using duolingo.com, and I really recommend it. It's awesome AND it's free!)
  • (Here's where my excuses start to get really lame): I have so much housework to do!
  • I have to build my social networks (really, I've become a Tumblr addict).
  • Um. I'm watching this new show that I think will give me some insight into my key audience (and it's really fun to watch).
Rejection sucks. Unfortunately, we all have to suck it up and take it sometimes, but I don't think it's wrong to take a tiny, little break from it now and then. But, eventually, if you want to get anywhere, you've GOT to get back to it.  Soon. I promise. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment