Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Where I'm At

I look like an idiot, but that's part of the fun of life.

 

Where I'm at with my Writing

So, I've written a few books. I even tried to get one published, but after about 15 query letters I decided it wasn't quite the right book for me and rather than re-write it, I moved on to another book because I liked the plot of my new book better.

Now, I'm on the fourth (4th!!) draft of an upper MG (middle grade) book. I had put out a few query letters when I was on the third draft, but then I decided I'd have another go at editing it. I just re-re-wrote the first chapter two days ago (since the first 10 or so pages are key to getting an agent's interest). The first chapter is probably on it's 20th revision at least (I've completely lost count).

So, now I have to get my shit together and get out some query letters.

I just recently sent out a query letter to an agency I really, really wanted to work with, but I got one of those "no answer means no" answers.  Hence the re-write of the first chapter.

I am also editing another book I've been working on and hoping for the best.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment