Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Writing and Music

Don't I look majestic?
Or maybe just odd.

Inspiring Playlists

When I read about some of my favorite authors, one of the things I've seen over and over is that they had specific music they listened to when they were writing a book. It always sounds so cool. There's a soundtrack that goes along with their book. I bet they could read certain passages and a few lyrics would just pop into their head. I bet certain lines were inspired by the way the music made them feel.

I'm jealous.

I don't listen to music when I write. I've written enough that I can usually write with something happening in the background, but it'd better stay in the background or my concentration's shot. I can either listen to music or write, not both.

Obviously all writers are different. They write different things for different genres and different ages. The music thing is just something rather random that I'm envious of. I think it sounds so neat.

Maybe I should just make myself a mix for each book and listen to it when I'm not writing. It's not really the same, but you gotta take what you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment