Sunday, October 28, 2012

Writing Update 10-28-12

Today's writing update is very simple - I'm editing, editing, editing. I think I removed about 6,000 words from my first few chapters in an effort to amp up the pacing and add a little tension. I also added one new chapter and moved one later chapter up. I cut out all sorts of back story b/c my husband said it was boring and my CP said she didn't start to get really interested until about a third of  the way through the book. Hope people still get what's going on!

So, in other words, I spent tons of time playing puzzle with my book. And also making it shorter. Probably things most non-writers never think of. Definitely never something I imagined I'd be doing when I set out to write my first book.

1 comment:

  1. The whole idea of revising was definitely something that never occurred to me before I started writing. It's funny (sad?) to realize that probably more hours are spent fixing up the material than creating it in the first place. Depending on what you're working on, revisions can sometimes feel arduous. Hope you're still managing to enjoy yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete