Today's writing update is very simple - I'm editing, editing, editing. I think I removed about 6,000 words from my first few chapters in an effort to amp up the pacing and add a little tension. I also added one new chapter and moved one later chapter up. I cut out all sorts of back story b/c my husband said it was boring and my CP said she didn't start to get really interested until about a third of the way through the book. Hope people still get what's going on!
So, in other words, I spent tons of time playing puzzle with my book. And also making it shorter. Probably things most non-writers never think of. Definitely never something I imagined I'd be doing when I set out to write my first book.