Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Brave New World


So Halloween's pretty long gone by now, but we finally took photos of my husband's costume & this is too good not to share. He made the stilts. I papermached the head and made the tie. We're quite proud of the results.

A Guilty Conscience

So, when I go to lengthy family gatherings, I sometimes bring my netbook with me to write. I only sneak it out after I've visited for a good while, so I feel like it's an okay thing to do. Actually, I'm probably writing this b/c I don't really think it's an okay thing to do, but it helps keep me sane so I do it anyway.

Plus, a netbook is so much smaller than a normal laptop, and that makes it much less obtrusive, right?

This is actually very similar to what I did in college when I had tons and tons of homework and would bring my schoolbooks with me everywhere (and I mean pretty much everywhere) just "in case" I had time to work on it.

So, yep. I'm a crazy person.

1 comment:

  1. I love that costume. Great idea, and well done. :)

    You sound normal to me. :) If I'm going to be away for more than an afternoon/day, I usually bring my laptop and/or book, too, and spend the late evening doing my own thing. I've only got so much socializing in me.

    ReplyDelete