Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Whimsical Dragon For You

So, I have been revising my summary and getting out a few queries, but my primary project this weekend was artwork (because why not?). As not bad as my current blog format is, "I'm just not in love with it" (as agents may tell you). I wanted something more fun and personal - I want to use some of my art in a header. Of course, that probably won't happen any time soon b/c I'll have to hunt down one of my friends with Photoshop to get it right, but, in the meantime, here's the creature/dragon I made:

She's part seahorse, part dragonfly, and part lizard. I am very happy with the results.

A few months ago, I realized I wanted to add my own artwork to the blog header and had this cool/cute idea for a mother and baby penguin (ended up choosing Emperor Penguins). But then I realized it wasn't quite right b/c I want to write for YA/MG audiences, not for picture book type audiences. But I'm proud of it and still want to show you:
Can you tell that the baby penguin is about to splash right into the puddle? Momma (or poppa) penguin isn't going to be happy.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! That dragonhorse is adorable. And creative! Coloured pencil and ink? Will look great as part of a header. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It's watercolor and then ink (from a random ballpoint pen I happen to have (accidentally) stolen from work).

      Delete