Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I've Been Up To (Mostly Related to Writing)

So I'm totally slacking on this post, but I've been busy. Fo reals. (Okay, pretend like I didn't just say that. I sound like an idiot.)

But I do want to get my post out this Wednesday because I've made a Commitment, and I want to stick to it.

I'm stopped short at the climax of my book because it scares me stiff that I'm going to screw it up. However, I do have something I'm working on that's been taking up all my time for the past two weeks. That's right, I'm going to pull out The Excuse (and it's a good one!)

My grandmother has been loosing her vision, and her birthday's coming up soon. We're going to visit, and I decided, all of a sudden, that I would create an audiobook of my polished MG Fantasy for her to listen to. She was an editor, and she'd read one of my other books (being my grandma, of course she said it showed promise), and this was the best thing I could think of to give her. So I've been sitting in my room talking to myself (and my computer) creating this recording for her.

And when my throat (and brain - reading out loud is oddly exhausting, especially when you really don't want to screw up) get too worn out, I've been watching action movies on Netflix for inspiration with that climactic scene that I really need to freaking write.

So that's what I've been up to these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment