Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Twitter Distraction and My Sister's Birthday

So, I've been neglecting this blog a bit. I mean, I've been posting, but I've been thinking things like, "Oh, man, Wednesday's rolling back around. I've got to write another one of those stupid blog posts."

Which is pretty ridiculous because I actually really like my blog. I've got cool stuff here, and I'm kind of proud of it. I'd love to have a few more people commenting, and I'd love to write some real ground breaking posts (although since I'm not sure what they'd be about, I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold off on those for a little while). But I like it.

Here's one of my problems: I've just gotten into Twitter, and talk about instant gratification. 140 characters or less (so quick, so easy!) and a bunch of cool people to stalk. So, sorry, blog, I do still love you. I just love you a little less right now. It's not you. It's my own fickle nature. I'm sure you'll come back into favor some day.

In the meantime, I'm going to share a set of photos of the birthday present I gave my sister. I thought it was funny. (I do entertain myself).

The outside box says, "My dear Margaretta, For your birthday I am giving you something completely archaic." I wrote it out in cursive (talk about archaic) and at the very bottom, in tiny writing, it says, "(I googled cursive to be sure to get the F & I right.)"

Man, cursive is a dying skill. I hear a lot of schools aren't even teaching it any more. Can't say that I blame them. (As a side note, before my sister learned cursive, my friends and I would write notes in cursive so she couldn't read them. She would have been about 6 years old, and it drove her insane! I loved it.)

Then comes the next box:
This one says, "And rawther crass. I do hope you are not offended."

Then comes the pay off (literally):
It says, "COLD HARD CASH."
You may not be able to tell, but there are tiny dollar signs all over that last note. And, of course, there's some money in there. (I may enjoy tormenting my sister, but I try not to be too mean about it.)

You may have noticed my skills in creating beautiful borders for the above messages. Obviously I missed my true calling in life as a stationery artist.

Oh, and I also gave her Cinder by Marissa Meyer, which is a very fun read for those who might have missed it. A sci-fi re-telling of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg. Action, adventure, and even a ball. Very cool.

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I was a lot more into blogging before I got Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. Now my blog has a lot more outlets to compete with, and it frequently loses. It's okay, though. Blogs are there when you need them, and when you don't there are other social networks. We're just lucky to have so many ways to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I tried to find your Twitter link on your sidebar so I could go say hi that way, but I didn't see it. Maybe it's just not showing up for me? Anyway, I'm @caryncaldwell. Come say hi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! And I added some twitter-ness to my blog as well.

      We are lucky to have so many ways to connect - if only they weren't so freaking distracting!

      Delete