Wednesday, November 20, 2013

NaNoWriMo Progress

So, to be honest, you nearly didn't get a blog post this Wednesday either.

NaNoWriMo is freaking hard!

But it is kind of cool just how much it's forcing me to write, plus the site itself is pretty darn neat, even though I know I'm not using it to its fullest potential.

For example, I can use the site to keep track of my novel's progress. There are statistics and a chart and everything. Here are my current stats (from Tues night):


As you can see, I have been writing a helluva lot of words per day (in my opinion). I've got just over 35k done, and at the rate I'm going I might actually finish early (ha!).


I'm not sure how many of you realized this, but I am a total nerd. I am a big fan of charts and graphs and things. I even know which one's the x axis and which one's the y. (Hint: "Words" is written along the y axis.)

So I'm totally loving this graph, mostly because it shows that I've been keeping steadily above my cumulative goal for each day. I find that to be incredibly encouraging because, darn it, this is hard stuff.

So that's all for today . . . I've got more writing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment