Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pretty Posies

My husband and I like to hike in the woods, and one of my favorite parts of these tramps is finding wildflowers in the forest.

After about 1.5 hours, this is the view we got!

My husband makes fun of me (in a teasing sort of way) for how excited I get about the pretty little flowers. He says I notice things about them that no normal person would notice. Or maybe I just describe the flowers in weird ways. For example, I said the below violet "has a pointed part like an elf hat". I don’t think I've heard too many people describe flowers that way.

I don't know if you can tell, but the back part is the "elf-hat" part.

Of course, we did see a flower called, "Dutchman's breeches" (they do look like those big, poofy Dutch pants) so flower people can't be entirely normal, and maybe my exuberance and weird descriptions is merely a symptom of being a flower person.

Whatever it is, I wanted to share a few of my flower photos. I have photos of flowers from pretty much every vacation we've been on and a lot of our hikes too (but I'll limit this post to my recent hike). I hope you think they're as pretty as I do.

After we got back, I found out this flower is called a "Red Trillium"

Trout Lilies. They have spotted leaves that look sort of trout-like.

More violets

Red Trillium again.

And, just for fun, here's my hubby throwing a rock.
A big splash followed. Fortunately, I wasn't in the line of fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment