Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Waiting

Hello, all. I haven't been talking about my writing a whole lot lately considering the fact that this is supposed to be a writing blog.

There are a few reasons for that:

  • Talking about editing is kinda boring. Maybe I'm not being fair to the editing process. Maybe there are people out there absolutely riveted by it. But apparently I can't do it justice because I think its a kind of boring topic.
  • Talking about querying is kinda nerve racking. I've finished up my current revisions and put out a new round of query letters, and now I'm sitting at home, biting my nails, waiting for the results. And refreshing my inbox every five seconds. (Please, someone, email me! I don't care who you are!)
In an effort not to dwell upon the query letters that I have send out into the world, I did a few paintings. Sadly, I didn't take a picture of the armadillo sitting under a palm tree, sipping his fruity pink drink (yes, I really painted that). It was a present for someone who happens to love both armadillos and beaches.

But I can share my Tuscan Landscape with you. I'm really quite proud of it. It's about 1 yard by 1 yard in size, and I'm going to hang it up at work and make my work life a little prettier.


3 comments: