Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Cinematic Inspiration


Okay, I'm going to stop watching Academy Originals and write this blog post. Which means, of course, this blog post is about the YouTube channel Academy Originals.

(From Brent Zupp)

I'm watching their series "Creative Spark" which shows mini interviews with members of The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. The first one I watched was with Eric Roth (screenwriter for "Forest Gump" and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"). The interviews are in short clips that give you a very brief view of what it means to have their job and be them.

This series features a movie costume designer, a film composer, director, and a ton of others I haven't watched yet.

(From SMN)

One that really touched me was Paul Haggis (writer-director of "Million Dollar Baby" and "Crash") letting us see that he really has to struggle to create. It's almost a little painful hearing him talk about how he struggles to write, but for me, that makes it even more moving.

(From Brooke Atwell)

Then, for something fun and different, there's two best friends who write together (it wasn't explicitly stated that they were best friends, but, I'd say it's pretty obvious). They wrote "Legally Blonde" and "10 Things I Hate About You." Their video gave a little more detail on how they write than some of the others, and they're quite an adorable pair. (One looks like a character out of Legally Blonde.)

Anyway, it's a fun little series, and I hope you check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment