Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Half-Assed NaNoWriMo

Dragon Bait: A MG Fantasy


I'd mentioned I'm re-writing Dragon Bait, and I'm sure you were just itching for an update. I'm closing in on the end of this re-write. I'm up to 59k, and I've probably got another 10k or so to go. That's too long, so I'll have to chop a bit, which kinda sucks since I've been editing as I go, but I'm sure it's for the best. Cutting really tightens my writing.

NaNoWriMo

I set a self-goal of 30k for the month since I didn't want to just plow through the re-write like I would a first draft. Here is my book's NaNo page, but I'll give a run-down of the deets below.


As you can see from above, I didn't bother to input my numbers as I went. I finally updated yesterday, and got a big spike in my chart (which looks a little funny), but I'm falling well below the typical NaNo goal of 1,667 words/day.


I did manage 1,018 words/day, and since my personal goal was 1,000 words/day I'm going to go ahead and put a gold star on my chart. (If I actually still wanted to pull out the 50k goal of NaNo, I'd need to write 4,088 words/day for today the next 5 days. Ugh.)

Writing this much in addition to all the normal day-to-day chores hasn't left me with a lot of creativity for my blog, so I'll just finish up my post with this:


It's the gold star for my chart! And it's also quite festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment