Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Out And About Part II: The Sarah-ing

Since my phone was being argumentative last week, I figured I'd show you my photos of the Penn State's Arboretum this week.

Disclaimer: These photos are phone quality and do not do the place justice. I was surprised by how extensive the garden was. Also - late fall isn't exactly prime flower viewing time. Obviously Penn State really needs to work on developing some magical, all-weather flowers, but until then . . . 

Penn State Arboretum sunflowers
There were some very pretty and bushy yellow flowers.
I feel like these were called willow sunflowers, but I might be completely wrong.

Penn State Arboretum pumpkins
TONS of pumpkins/squashes/gourds all about.

To be perfectly honest, I was surprised college students didn't seem to be stealing them. I was ever so slightly tempted to snag one, but of course I did not. That would have been unethical. (Seriously, I didn't.)

Penn State Arboretum dead flowers
Some of the half dead flowers were quite picturesque.

Penn State Arboretum dead plants
Others were not.

There you have it, folks. My tour of the Penn State Arboretum. The water lilies that I included in my last post (aka, of other peoples' photos) were all closed up for the night because I got there just as the sun was starting to go down. I was a bit sad about that.

Maybe some year I'll actually make it to the Arboretum during spring or summer when things are really in bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment