Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Blanket Fort for the New Year


My husband and I didn't have any big plans for New Year's Eve. We had a vague desire to do something fun, but we didn't want to leave the house - so I suggested a blanket fort.

I'll give my husband credit, though - it was his idea to put the TV in the fort with us.


Those are my feet in my comfy socks.

First we put down some cushy blankets as a base. Then we grabbed pretty much every blanket that wasn't currently on our bed (plus two sheets, which felt a bit like cheating, but oh well). Some string, rubber bands, and one bungee cord were also involved. Oh, and couch cushions, of course.

We used my Gandalf Staff (from a previous Halloween costume) as the main tent support, and the vacuum helped hold up the entrance. Here is a conveniently labelled photo:


And a completely unlabelled photo too:

(Sadly, I'm still using my camera as a phone, which lends itself toward rather blurry photos. But still, you get the idea.)

Our blanket fort blocked off one of the doorways into the living room, but it was totally worth it:


Hope you had a good NYE and have a great new year. My husband and I rang in the New Year with a movie and snacks, cozy inside our blanket fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment