Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Snow Stormin' It Up

My backyard. So pretty. So much snow.

This weekend, my husband left for work on Friday at 5:30pm and didn't get home until Monday at 6:45am. He makes electricity, though, so at least he sacrificed his weekend to a good cause (and money, which is always lovely).

However, this meant that I spent almost 5 hours this weekend shoveling so he could come home and have somewhere to park.

I will show you!

Here was Saturday. The roads weren't plowed at all, and it snowed as I shoveled:



See? I'm an ice-covered Sarah:

The snow actually made that soft, thumpy sound of snow settling as I piled up the shoveled snow. Think of that avalanche sort of sound.

Then Sunday, I went out and did it some more:

There's a windy little path off to the left to make way for Nigel's car. I would have cleared the whole driveway, but I hurt, dangit! That snow stuff gets pretty darn heavy by the end. The worst is having to heft it up over the piles of snow you already made just to keep it out of the way.

The other worse is shoveling out the part the snowplow put at the end of the driveway because it's super thick and heavy, shoveling compacted snow.

The plow came through as I was shoveling - at around 3pm on Sunday, so I was snowed in from Friday night through to Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment