Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Some Appalachian Trail Views

My husband and I did a little hiking on a piece of the Appalachian Trail this weekend, and I wanted to share a few of the views.

Appalachian Trail, river

It was a bit chilly, but the bare winter trees gave my photo a nice, gnarled frame.

Susquehanna River

There's my river view, un-tree-obstructed.

winter forest, Appalachian Trail

Somewhere around this point on the trek, I decided it might be a good idea to jog a little for warmth (and to chase after my husband). The trail was pretty flat and even, but, being the spectacularly uncoordinated person that I sometimes am, my foot was kind enough to find a lovely rock in the middle of the path. I went sprawling, so until the next rain storm, there's a Sarah's Knee-sized indent in the Appalachian Trail.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, Sarah, thanks for sharing your adventures. I hope you knee - and the Appalachian Trail - recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knees are still a bit black and blue, but they'll be better soon. I can't speak for the Trail, though.

      Delete