Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Revisiting New Zealand

I don't think I've done a post that focused on one of the wonderful spots we visited in New Zealand: Lake Wanaka (pronounced wah-nah-kuh). For some reason, the pronunciation makes me think of Fozzy the Bear. I think he'd enjoy it.

Lake Wanaka, New Zealand
This lake was gorgeous. We kayaked across it.

I've been working on a new book, letting the book I was querying breathe and giving myself a bit of a break from rejections. I considered posting about my new book, but I thought it'd be more fun for me to search through my honeymoon photos for this week's post. I really enjoy putting together posts like this because it gives me an excuse to look back through those photos (and reminds me that it's a fun thing to do).

lonely tree, Lake Wanaka
I think this tree is famous.
I've seen several gorgeous professional photos of this tree on Reddit.
I didn't do it justice. You should see it in proper lighting.
Like, my gosh, in these search results.

Lake Wanaka sunset, New Zealand
Sunset from near our hotel.

Sarah Hipple, New Zealand
My husband and I after kayaking out to the little island in the middle of the lake.

It was autumn in New Zealand, and, I might add, not really all that cold yet, but the hotel people looked at us like we were crazy when we asked to borrow the kayaks for the day. We showed them!

Although I will admit we got a bit damp. But since we'd brought all sorts of long underwear for some Serious Hiking later on (or Tramping as they called it), we were pretty well outfitted to triumph over a little bit of dampness.

2 comments:

  1. New Zealand sounds like an awesome place to go, with beautiful landscapes. Your pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete