Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Spring Was Here

So it was gorgeous outside. Things were blooming. The sky was blue and brilliant . . . and then it decided to snow.

daffodils and snow
This is my favorite photo from the day after, when most of the snow was gone.
It was a crisp, clear morning, and my hands got very cold down in this snow.

I was all excited that Spring had finally arrived, and then Old Man Winter decided he'd show me. I'm pretty sure it was the teenage equivalent of shouting, "You don't know me!"

spring snow
The day of the snow.
I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I'm a little obsessed with photos of flowers.

On the writing front, I'm processing a query critique that a friend of mine gave me, re-polishing my first few chapters, and working on my new project, but nothing all that new or exciting. And you know what's super pretty? Daffodils. I love daffodils. These poor daffodils were even knocked to the ground by snow, and they still manage to shine.

ivy, snow, daffodil, moody
The ivy leaf and snow are really the centerpiece here.
Doesn't it look all moody and fraught?
See, Mr. Winter? I've got my moments too.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you guys have flowers already! It will take another month before we get anything here. Your pictures are pretty as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had the really early flowers (like crocuses) a while ago, but I was pretty excited when the daffodils and hyacinths came up b/c it meant spring was REALLY here.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete