Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Utah Flowers and Yet Another Query

evening primrose, bryce canyon national park, utah
Howard's Evening Primrose
Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

This weekend was busy. My husband discovered the joy of Pokemon Go, and we wandered all around, chasing down Drowzees and Weedles. I always enjoy walking around with Nigel, so it was a win for me.

pink cactus flower, sedona, arizona
I lied. This is not a Utah flower. This is an Arizona pink cactus flower.
Sedona, Arizona

Up til now, I've been working on my YA scifi, but being out and about on a Pokemon hunt didn't leave as much time for writing, so I revisited my query yet again. I have six queries out in the wild, and haven't heard back from any of them, which isn't promising, so revisiting felt called for.

sego lily, arches national park, utah
Sego Lily
Arches National Park, Utah

Also, have I mentioned I have a thing for flower photos? Because I have a thing for flower photos.

globemallow, wildflower, utah
Globemallow (Weird name, right?)
Arches National Park, Utah

Anyway, without further ado, here is the query I've been working on for the upper MG contemporary fantasy I recently renamed THE STORM SUMMONER:

Twelve year old Eric Ortega is sick of the slimy gush of mayonnaise as he chews on week-old, school cafeteria coleslaw. Why couldn’t the wind demon that took over his body like pizza instead? Worse than the coleslaw is the creeping fear that Nikias, the creature inside him, has plans for Eric’s protective, big sister.
Eric is kidnapped and freed by Nikias’ enemies. Fighting for control over his own life, Eric is drawn into a world of magical creatures and mythical beasts in the stunning, secret parts of the Italian mountains.
Now Nikias has his sister. Nikias can bring down storms and force his will on others; Eric’s sister doesn’t stand a chance. Eric must convince his only friend, a whip-smart winged girl, to defy her people, help him escape, and let Eric challenge a centuries old demon. There’s no way this could go wrong.

And one last Globemallow photo, this time from the Grand Canyon in Arizona:

globemallow, wildflower, grand canyon, arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment