Wednesday, August 17, 2016

First Draft Complete!

treacherous jungle
My story involves an overgrown forest, 
populated by half-human mutants and robotic animals.

My YA sci-fi is complete! Or at least it will be once I take this completed draft, revise once or twice, send to CPs, revise a few more times,  and struggle to write a semi-compelling query letter that I will subsequently realize sucks and have to write about twenty more times or so.

domed city
Photo by Mike Mozart
The lush forest surrounds a domed city with a militant commander.
Our two heros live in very different parts of this city.

Anyway, new book on the way! A new book is always reason for celebration. You get to that last page of that last chapter and realize the work you've been putting in for the past few months has actually paid off, and you can write, "The End!"

robot cat
Photo by Ozzy Delaney
My favorite character: a sarcastic, robotic cat
who sometimes helps and sometimes hinders.

Of course, it doesn't take me long to start thinking about revisions and just how much I still need to do, but that's partly why I'm writing this blog post. To sit back, smile, and say, "Whoo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment