Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A Christmas Pumpkin

Jackolanterns

I know I'd mentioned a photo-story about Nigel and a stick, but that'll have to wait for another day because this weekend Nigel and I carved our pumpkins, and new is always more fun to show off than old.

carved christmas pumpkin

Since Halloween is over and done with, I chose to make a Christmas Pumpkin. In case there is any confusion, the thing off to the left is a fireplace with two stocking and a candle on the mantelpiece. Apparently one of Nigel's coworkers (who obviously has a rather morbid imagination), thought it was a Nativity on fire.

I think it looks more like an oddly unhappy Halloween face (with the stockings as eyes), but such is the way of art - people will see what they want to see.

one-eyed monster

Nigel went for the more traditional Halloween pumpkin - the one-eyed monster. I thought it looked a bit like Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc, but apparently that wasn't quite what Nigel was going for. He could see it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment